"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse." --John Stuart Mill (1806 - 1873)

Friday, December 10, 2004

I Didn't Mean To Be A Nitpicker...

We received a lice alert from the Kitten's school today. The part of the message that really stood out was the following:

"Because lice are so difficult to get rid of, we heartily recommend the services of professional nitpickers. [Jane Doe] is a long-time favorite of [the school's] parents. Her phone numbers are..."

Who knew there were professional nitpickers? I certainly didn't. I'll have to remember that when I'm having a lousy day at work: "Well," I will say to myself, "I could be pulling sticky egg casings of pediculus humanus capitis out of a squirming child's hair."