"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse." --John Stuart Mill (1806 - 1873)

Saturday, October 09, 2004

Making Flippy-Floppy

Hap tip to the alert anonymous reader of National Review Online's "The Corner" who noticed these amazing statements made by Sen. Notbush during the second debate last night (italics mine).

Statement #1: "Well, let me tell you straight up: I've never changed my mind about Iraq. I do believe Saddam Hussein was a threat. I always believed he was a threat. Believed it in 1998 when Clinton was president. I wanted to give Clinton the power to use force if necessary."

Statement #2: "I don't think you can just rely on U.N. sanctions, Randee. But you're absolutely correct, [Iran] is a threat, it's a huge threat. And what's interesting is, it's a threat that has grown while the president has been preoccupied with Iraq, where there wasn't a threat."

This is one of the many ways in which Kerry has disqualified himself for the presidency.