"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse." --John Stuart Mill (1806 - 1873)

Saturday, January 24, 2004

The New Wicked World

My blog has a new home here at Blogspot, having been moved from my personal web space at Verizon. I am republishing all the entries from the old site.

My reasons for blogging are threefold.

This is first and foremost a personal journal. It affords me an opportunity to write down some thoughts for the sheer pleasure of writing. Many folks become bloggers for the same reason that some audition for American Idol--they think they have something to offer the American people, and they can't get their voices heard on traditional media. I have no such delusions of grandeur.

I have given the URL to certain friends and family members. This has the beneficial effect of reducing the number of e-mails I send to them with haphazard thoughts, intriguing links, and astounding news stories. These people may check in periodically to see what's on my mind, or they may never do so and live their lives in blessed peace from my missives.

If, for some strange reason, a person who is not a friend or family member finds this site, he is welcome to look around.